About Me

My photo
Walnut Creek, CA, United States
I am a wedding and portrait photographer based in Clayton, California and Raleigh, North Carolina. Please check out my main website by clicking above --or give me a call at 925-798-5804 to chat about your photography needs. I've been writing with light for a living since 1996 and absolutely love what I do!

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Portrait Session at Markham Arboretum, Concord, CA

This was a great weekend for portrait sessions! Sunday morning I met up with Christine and her family at the Markham Arboretum and Nature Park in Concord. This is an absolutely gorgeous location for portraits. It's typically a bit more quiet than other local parks on the weekends, and there's an added benefit of an abundance of trees. I always recommend portrait sessions in the late afternoon to take advantage of the best sunlight- however if you have enough tree cover you can sometimes get away with shooting closer to the middle of the day without too much trouble. (This is great if you are working around nap schedules that can't be changed easily!)
There is a gorgeous old tree stump at Markham which is awesome for photos. The covered arbor at the center of the park is great too- especially earlier in the spring when the wisteria is blooming. Christine's family was so much fun! I photographed the kids two years ago at Turtle Creek Park. The last photo here is from that session-- they have grown so much!!






1 comment:

The Coven said...

Hi Julie! Great images - I love the black and whites. I hope everything is going well for you and your studio!

Best,
Corrin Brubaker
www.collages.net

Facebook Badge

Emmaline Bride button

Statcounter

weddings - children - babies - brides - infants - couples - pets - family - events