About Me

My photo
Walnut Creek, CA, United States
I am a wedding and portrait photographer based in Clayton, California and Raleigh, North Carolina. Please check out my main website by clicking above --or give me a call at 925-798-5804 to chat about your photography needs. I've been writing with light for a living since 1996 and absolutely love what I do!

Monday, March 17, 2008

NILMDTS


When I was at Imaging USA in Tampa this past January I finally had the courage to do something that I've been wanting to do for a long time. I signed up to become a "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep" volunteer. NILMDTS is an organization that introduces volunteer photographers to families with newborns who are terminally ill. The volunteers provide these families with priceless keepsakes of their little ones.
The organization received a lot of attention after a segment aired on the Today show last week.
Sadly, I was called on Thursday to photograph my first NILMDTS session. I arrived at the hospital and was introduced to one of the sweetest families I have ever met. Unfortunately their newborn had been diagnosed with Trisomy 18 and was not expected to live much more than an hour after birth. I was there to photograph a very powerful baptism there in the hospital room and captured some lovely images of a sweet baby boy. This is why I do what I do. I am so blessed to be able to share my talent for more reasons than just making a living. I felt so incredibly honored to be able to provide this heartbroken family with images they will treasure for the rest of their lives. I left the hospital an emotional wreck-- but I am incredibly glad that I was able to be there for this family. This little one was with his family until Saturday when he passed away. If you know of anyone who may be in need of the services NILMDTS provides please contact one of the 3200 volunteer photographers across the country by simply searching by zipcode on the website.

No comments:

Facebook Badge

Emmaline Bride button

Statcounter

weddings - children - babies - brides - infants - couples - pets - family - events