About Me

My photo
Walnut Creek, CA, United States
I am a wedding and portrait photographer based in Clayton, California and Raleigh, North Carolina. Please check out my main website by clicking above --or give me a call at 925-798-5804 to chat about your photography needs. I've been writing with light for a living since 1996 and absolutely love what I do!

Monday, July 28, 2008

Wedding at St. Bonaventure and Blackhawk Auto Museum





In mid-June Mary and I had the pleasure of photographing Tristanne and Jeremy's wedding at St. Bonaventure Catholic Church in Clayton. Their reception followed at the Blackhawk Auto Museum in Danville. I got to know Tristanne and Jeremy last year when Lindsay and I photographed their engagement session down in Pacifica. They are absolutely adorable together. Tristanne told me about the beautiful garden behind St. Bonaventure and how she really hoped to get some beautiful photos of the two of them there after the ceremony. I pictured a quaint little garden like what is found behind many churches. I had absolutely no idea. This garden is an amazing project of the parishioners like I have never seen. The garden spans the entire back side of the enormous building- with paths that wind in and out between rose gardens, enormous hydrangea bushes, and beautiful wooden bridges. On the day of the wedding we started at Tristanne and Jeremy's new home for preparation photos. It was quite warm that Friday (it broke the record, 104!)- but thankfully the church was nice and cool when we arrived. The ceremony was beautiful and nearly went off without a hitch- no one seemed to mind when the priest almost closed the ceremony without leading Tristanne and Jeremy to exchange rings! After their first kiss Tristanne and Jeremy exchanged their wedding bands and all was good. After family photographs and many images in the garden we were off to Blackhawk for the reception. It was absolutely beautiful. I was impressed by Darlene's hard work from Wallace and Events. The ballroom looked like something from a fairy tale. I loved the Mickey Mouse inspired cake (Tristanne and Jeremy got engaged in front of the castle) and the colorful candy station. No Blackhawk wedding is complete without photos in the upstairs gallery - especially in front of the '37 Cadillac. I thought it was great that Jeremy's dad also drove in his own classic Alfa Romeo and parked it out front for Tristanne and Jeremy.

No comments:

Facebook Badge

Emmaline Bride button

Blog Archive

Statcounter

weddings - children - babies - brides - infants - couples - pets - family - events